When I recently made up this pattern in the v-neck top, there were a few comments of how some sewers had overlooked this pattern.
I had also overlooked this pattern until I attended a knitwit showing last year and I fell for the version of this top that was part of the showing.
Spot the belt...
I've now trialled the round-neck version to create a dress using fabric from The Fabric Store.
The neckline instructions suggest interfacing the inside neckline but I wanted a clean neckline finish, so I interfaced the outer neckline piece. The neckline sit very nicely and I used lettuce edge on the sleeve and hemlines with a basic red overlocker thread. That's the nice thing when you're using an all over print. You don't have too be too prescriptive with your thread or finish choice.
I've trimmed the waistline so that it sits better on me. I realised this adjustment would be necessary after I made the neck version recently.
I also added extra room around my hips, but then trimmed it off once I sewed the side seams together.
Excuse the mess in my sewing room. I'll clean the mess at some point. 27/4 - My room pic has now been replaced with these new photos.