I had a quick squiz at those who had made these before and low and behold Sue had shared her disappoinment with this pattern. Thanks for sharing your experiences Sue. You made me do a bit more planning.
This pattern is really high at the front and I took off 1cm from the centre front so I added a black 'click together' belt with black tape. The black tape is the sort of tape you find on backpacks, so this won't be affected by saltwater.
I kind of misjudged the room I needed for my rear I resewed the back seam. There's a dart at the back and I added this in to get a better fit.
Every seam edge is overlocked. The belt carriers and waistline are the biggest bugbears of this pattern. I would have preferred to add a waistband, and I'll do this next time. I've also skipped the cuffs. The front zipper is a chunky plastic navy zip that was in my stash too.
I haven't shortened the rashie, I've just rolled it under so you can see how the waistline fits.
When I tried to prewash the fabric, the water just beaded on it, so I'm sure it will be good when I'm in the surf.