Pages

Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Decisions

Happy New Year to everyone. It's been a big 'get organised weekend' (kitchen, bathroom, sewing room, pending US sewing trip) and eventually I did manage to make some progress on this one-shoulder dress. And I have an event to wear it to at the end of the month - yipee!
Below on the left is the first idea I had. The blue centre piece is on the back and the left is the front. I prefered the front, so I replaced the centre back piece with the pattern fabric. On the right is the other issue - I realised the centre front print was not in line with the flowers on the centre side pieces. I cut this dress out last year and this year is my year of 'considering the details' in life.

As you can see, on the left I replaced the centre back piece with the printed fabric and on the right I tipped the centre front upsidedown.

The built-in bust was way off the mark (no photo). It looked 'un-real', so the bra pieces were taken out! I wore a bandaue instead so my bodice went back to looking 'natural' not 'Las Vegas showgirl'.

On the left the armhole will be finished with a bias strip in the printed fabric. On the right I've since adjusted the top of the zipper (see the yellow pin) to overcome the gap. The hemline was at the right level so I also need to handstitche the lined bodice and centre back vent. 

The printed fabric is a poly with spandex and the blue fabric is also a poly with no ease. I have some black strappy heels to get me through the event. Fingers crossed. 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Stunning and can't wait to see it on you. Poor DH no Las Vegas showgirl :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You might also be interested in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...