Saturday, 5 February 2011

Tidy up

This is my first go at making a belt. This is a dress that I made some time ago but I wasn't sure about the fit or the belt. The dress is Butterick 5277 and I've used a stretch woven suiting fabric. The dress is lined but in our hot and humid weather, I'll be using a soft poplin lining in future.
 I've done a bit of adjusting to this dress because it didn't fit too well. It was billowing and a bit sack-like, so that forced me to finally make the belt. I've used a simple silver buckle with no rivets. There was some old waist band stiffening in my stash, so that's what I've used inside the belt.


Below is the final one-shoulder dress. It was good for the heat that we had last Sunday. It was comfortable and fun to wear.

3 comments:

MushyWear said...

Your one shoulder dress is gorgeous. I had fun wearing a one shoulder dress back in Nov. for my anniversary. They are fun. I really love your fabric choice on this one!

velosewer said...

I remember your one shoulder dress because it inspired me.

Sharon said...

Both dresses are stunning and your belt making looks very good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You might also be interested in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...