Friday, 15 July 2011

Pants #3 - McCall's 2874

The green pants are working well but they were made from stretch woven. This time I attempted navy woven pants so the challenges were definitely about getting the fit right.
This pattern is as plain as they come but it's always about the pants fit for me.
The other challenge was I ran out of fabric so I made do with a voile fabric to finish off the pockets.
The front fit worked as it did on the green pants.
Warning about the pic below. 
The back on the other hand needed lots of help and the pic show you the finished results.
I took the fullness out of the pattern leg and there was still fullness at the back legs. The VPL was embarrasing so I refitted the back pockets for more room. I've finished the pants with belt carriers because I just wanted these pants finished without a glaring butt. I don't like UFOs so I've tried to make this work.
I also made up this purple top McCalls 8777 with a remnant piece from of dry dry knit from my stash.  PS, I won't be pulling on the pockets again...

2 comments:

MushyWear said...

I think you've made your pants work and I love the purple t-shirt. Great color!

Gail said...

They look pretty good. Love the purple top.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You might also be interested in...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...