There are some really traditional influences I've seen with tunics. That's why I bought this pattern a while ago. I love the detailing so I attempted make this for to a short person - me.
I began this top earlier this year at a sewing workshop with Angie Zimmerman. The red silk blouse worked well and at the workshop I cut this tunic out and I've just finished it. The buttons have a sparkle to them to match my ballet flats.
Below is the buttonhole detailing that I attempted with the varigated pink thread I also used it on the front tab stitching but it ended up looking like white thread. I bought the thead from St Vinnies near work. I used the matt side of the fabric for the neckline and collar pieces.
I also managed to use the fastturner tool to pull through the button loop closure strips. I used the varigated pink thread on this too and again, it wasn't worth the effort - this time. I will try this thread again in future. What you'll notice is this is view B but there's no hem detailing. The fabric is a stretch woven and I cut the size 10. When I make this again, I'll still use the 10 but I'll add an invisible zip to the side seam and add a few darts so that the style is less relaxed.
The pants are NL 6057 and I've made the 10 then I ran out of fabric. The front hem has an additional piece added, but not to the back piece. That's bad planning on my part. I used a woven satin for the inside waistband so the pants front needs some wear to sit properly.
I bought this pattern at the Simplicity warehouse (not factory). I love the dress and tunic top style on this pattern and I bought this pattern for $5. I'll make the front tummy bit a bit bigger when I make these pants in a woven on my next attempt.
I recently downloaded Clinton Kelly's Rx style guide and it's a fun styling app. Yes it's not extensive, but I love the style prompts he offers.
Next in the pipeline is B5087 in two different red winter fabrics.