Armoweft, seam tape, topstitching, inserted zippers, binding finishes, inside pockets, flat felled seam, single welt pocket, binding machine, french seams on chiffon, gathers, elastic casing waist, elastic sleeve cuff, embroidered edge hood, inbuilt jacket hanging loop, more reinforcing.
I can finally stop thinking about each construction step. It's been doing my head in trying to use the right techniques to make this jacket work the way it was designed using the fabric I chose.
I learnt lots about:
- self-made binding thanks to my Christmas present from sewing santa, and how to use binding
- how to use zippers and where to source them online (zipperstop).
- single welt pockets and how to unpick and sew them
- how to adjust a raglan sleeve
- measuring before your cut (resewing outside pockets using a 6"/15cm zip not a 4"/10cm zip).
Now I'm wondering what about putting a hidden zip pocket on the lower or upper sleeve. Just joking.
Thanks to Tasia for having a sewalong otherwise I would never have pushed myself to make this jacket. My on the ground sewing buddies Alison, Sharon and Anne were already sorting out their notions and colours before I realised the sewalong was on. This project and the jeans contest kept me in contact with my sewing buddies here and online, while I was working away from home last month, and that really kept me sane. Angie Zimmerman was wonderful in sorting out the fit issues along the way, as she always does.
I can now move onto other projects:))
Have a look at this Minoru jacket roundup by Noile.