The quilting fabric was from Spotlight at $4/m. Getting the fit right is always a challenge so again, I used this version to get the fit right. So I did a sway back adjustment, roll shoulder adjustment and I used size 10 on the top and size 12 on the bottom. The dress is meant to be worn with a belt. Note to self: use the rest of the fabric for a belt.
At our Alexandria session I didn't wear this for the girls to check, 'cause they would have had to wear their sunnies to help me. Angie pinned this version closer to my body so I need to use 8 size for the top and 10 size for the bottom. This a reminder to self so I don't waste time resewing or unpicking. I also brought in the sleeve hem in by 2.5cm/1" as well as reduced the sleeve to neck edge by 2.5cm/1". This pattern has been 'petited' (sorry for my bad French/English).
I picked this style because it has princess lines and this style could be adopted for some simple colour blocking or mixing fabrics ie wool and leather like I've seen a few of you make during the northern winter (Amanda S and Carolyn). Very inspiring.
I've added a darker green trim to show where the leather pieces could be placed. The bias trim on the neckline and armholes and the trim were hand sewn. There's a bit of pulling at the top of the neckline that I'll release on the pattern for the next dress.
The 60's tunic is being constructed as we speak...