The fabric was from someone's stash as I bought it from Pitt Trading's ex-personal stash and it has 70s feel to it. I originally thought this fabric could be jacket worthy but it's worked well for this shift dress.
I extended the a-line hem by 5" or 13cm and I decided not to add the elastic casing because of the neat dress fit. The elastic casing could be for a fuller version - maybe.
My local sewing place found the best invisible zipper colour match for me and I was stoked. Initially I was struggling with the self-covered buttons and I bought brass jeans buttons as a substitute at Alexandria but then I got my groove back at home and the self cover buttons worked. Sweet!
I enjoyed making the pockets and I'll keep the pocket pattern as a template for other clothes. The pockets are interfaced and they were quick to make.
I toyed with the idea of piping but I'll leave that idea for future piece of work.
You can chuckle at the red overlocking on the inside.
The ladies at work all had a story about a similar style dress they had when they first started working. I had a deep yellow dress like this to wear as 2IC at the local supermarket when I was working my way through uni.
There are two more days of the PR Vintage Contest to go and I've enjoyed managing it. I thought this might be a huge commitment but I've really enjoyed working with and learning from other vintage PR 'experts' throughout this contest.
BTW: Pitt Trading now has a website.