Here's a road test of this unlined jacket for Mum. This is a semi-fitted jacket with pockets in the front seams. The collar is built into the front piece and there are side pieces that join the front and back bodice pieces.
I've made the shorter View B length with the pocket features of View A. The pockets are placed so they don't hang passed the jacket hem.
I've used a similar stretch woven fabric to the intended fabric and with the feedback from Kathy on PR, I've closed the neckline dart and the collar sewed in easily.
I've sewn 5 parallel rows of topstitching on the collar edge because Mum's RTW jacket, this is replacing, has the same feature. Mum has worn her RTW jacket a lot and really needs replacing. The RTW jacket has a patch pocket.
Below is a closer view of the collar detailing.
I've added some reinforcing bar tacks to the pocket opening for durability.
This fabric is washable but I know I'll be dry cleaning it for her.
I prefer a lined jacket and Mum commented that the jacket felt cold ie, the jacket needs lining, so that's my next step.
To do list:
- shorten the sleeve length
- adjust the right shoulder
- add shoulder pads
- add lining. I've already traced out a front bodice lining piece. I now need trace the back bodice lining piece, using the existing facing piece.
Then I can get the real formal jacket started - and finished.
Also on my food blog I've added 4 of Mum's recipes that you might enjoy. I'll keep adding her recipes up as I road test them. Yesterday I road tested the lemon slice - which is wonderful to enjoy in summer.