I've used Pitt Trading remnant fabrics (plural) to test out this dress and it's worked out really nicely. You'll see by the inside shot that I've used lots of lining remnants to make sure it fit properly.
Below is my pattern pose. Thanks to Sharon for getting my hem to a great length.
That's an earring that I've clipped on the front belt. The earrings and bracelets were made by me and they are matching.
Below I took out the back skirt darts because it was disco/clubbing tight and that's not where I'll be wearing this outfit :)
The next version will be a summer version because I love the short sleeves and there are a couple of pieces in my stash that would work well in this style. And they won't be work based but I'll try and make them more retro in appearance.
Jacket - B3833
This little vintage jacket is a throw-on for the evening. It is fully lined and while I had planned to use fishing line to on the hem and neckline, the fabric is so stiff that I didn't need to use it. Oh well, maybe next time.
The bodice organza was the end of the roll (yes an addiction of mine) so I used plain organza for the sleeves and the lining. Below is my pattern pose.
The button loops are twists of the organza and some silver ribbon I added in to make the button loops a) show and b) work so that the buttons would fit through and stay in place.
You can see that I've made the neckline a V so that the dress neckline shows through.
I learnt that organza, while it is quiet stiff, is compliant so the shoulder seams were easy to manipulate into place. I showed the fabric who's the boss. Then the fabric was brilliant under the steam station. It handled the steaming really well and didn't melt when I didn't used a ironing cloth when I first ironed it. That was a lucky break.