And Giggles in the sun sent this award to me. She's a lovely sewer/blogger/Mum and she's been sweltering in the sun like the rest of us in Australia this week.
Now, the Liebster Award is awarded to blogs with less than 200 readers (that's me) to bring them into the limelight (shucks) and hopefully increase their readership. The rules are simple:
- Post 11 random fact about yourself
- Answer 11 questions posed by your nominator
- Nominate up to 5 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 questions of your own
- I hated capsicum as a child.
- I hated capsicum as a teenager.
- I tore up my piano sheets before my very late exam.
- I love the cold.
- I love sewing clothes for the cold.
- I love baking in cold weather
- There's never enough moisturiser around.
- Fabric wakes me up.
- Pomegranite is my favourite salad ingredient.
- Orange slices come second.
- I fear fish bones
What is your favourite craft?
Sewing, then baking.
How do you learn a new craft?
I need to learn from an 'expert' so I try to find a class and learn about the craft.
Have you ever lost interest in a craft and why?
Knitting. I tried it last year and while I have the notes and a free Craftsy class, that's as far as I'm prepared to take knitting.
How do you make time for crafting?
I sew before and after work. Then I do a bit more sewing on the weekend.
What does your family think of your crafting?
My family are used to me sewing. They benefit from it when I get bored with sewing for myself or have a special occasion that needs a special outfit or 2 sewn up.
Would you do your crafting for a living?
I tried that as a sewing teacher many years ago. What I do enjoy is passing on what I know and have to newbies.
How did you get started crafting?
In primary school, we did embroidery classes and the social side of this got me hooked.
What is your favourite item you have ever created?
My debut dress when I was in high school. It was during the Princess Diana early years so it was kinda like her dress with roulee loops and organza flowers. I still have the dress in safe storage with my wedding dress. That's a close second.
What is your favourite weather or season?
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I would be a cycling, sewing nomad roaming the globe.
frosting or cake? Do you create more basic items in your sewing/knitting/crocheting that get used a lot or do you have a tendency to go for the special occasion items?
I sew lots of cake and relish the times when I sew frosting.
Here are 5 bloggers I'd like you to know about.
- Linda (Aurora) from It's Sew Creative is a PR whizz and helped me with my first PR contest entry years ago.
- Linda (Crazygrad) of Fabric in the bathtub is the bath tub fabric queen and she's entered the Children's pattern contest on PR.
- Melanie (Meleliza) of Queen of the flies is a keen sewer with a young growing family.
- TalyQ of Taly's Creations made her daughter a great winter jumper.
- Sandy Snowden (About Sew Whatever) of Sandy Snowden is a textiles artist, sewer and can creates with textiles.
You have enough money in your purse for one project - yarn or fabric?
How did you learn how to sew?
What is your 'turning point' garment - the one that made you think you might actually be able to do this?
What is the most unusual material you have used in a garment?
Where is the one place you have always wanted to visit and why?
Would your teenage self have imagined your life now and, if not, what would it have been like?
If somebody asked your advice about learning a new craft, what would you recommend?
What piece of equipment is on your Wish List and why?
Do you have the telly or radio on in the background when you sew and, if you do, what is on?
What is your favourite snack when you're crafting? cucumber and hummus
Do you enjoy making things for yourself or others and why?