This blue work version made earlier is worn to work (a lot) so I had to make it again. The original plan was to simply make just the shirt.
Well, I ended up making this floral dress instead. What can I say. My planning skills are fluid.
This little floral number was lined with stash fabric and because the lining peeks through at the collar, I added a super quick facing from leftover floral fabric.
The close up shot below shows a hint of flowers on the inside at the neckline. The last minute facing worked. Every seam is either french seamed or self-made bias bound. And I added the purple bias for colour and a vertical line. We petites know why.
Notice the cap sleeves. This sleeve pattern was traced from Butterick 5328. When I originally used this cap sleeve, it was tight so I widened it by 2.5cm for more movement.
Here's a 'lean against the wall' shot. The cap sleeve does peek over my shoulders - just as I wanted. It's really cool to wear on hot days.And the 'yes it covers my caboose' shot - not flattering. Back to the gym I go.
There is a shirt version in this fabric but I'm working on the deep purple skinny jeans to go with it. That might sound like tos much colour but you can let me know when I show you the final ensemble.