It's about time I made some type of peplum, don't you agree?
Pitt Trading again offered Cue remnants via their facebook page. Now I can call them, let them know what colours I use, pay, and then a beautiful pack of fabric remnants arrive in the mail. I love a good fabric remnant challenge.
So I've used Vogue 8815 and I've added lowered the neckline (but it needs more) and used black satin bias to finish the neckline and zipper seams. The aim of this piece was to have a tailored summer top to wear with shorts or jeans or bright skinny jeans while travelling.
These cap sleeves were my first attempt at drafting them from the paper pattern using a french curve following Peggy Sagers webcast last week on "the sleeve". I have a bit more work to do on the base on the sleeve pattern.
Back to the paper pattern for a bit more tweaking and another attempt using another remnant.
To do list:
- reduce the bust darts and centre back darts by 1.5cm
- add 1.5cm at centre seams on peplum, so the flounce is untounched
- drop the neckline and fix gaposis
- redraw the base of the cap sleeve.
When I finish this top and do a second cleaner version, I'll show you the details.
There are 3 days to go and almost 70 tops have been made on Faye's 2013 essential top sewalong.