This cute top was the second time I made up with the pattern to go with my Raven shorts.
This is the test version using a Charlie Brown remnant knit from Pitt Trading.
I love how this knit has is a bold print in dark colours. A sense of the dramatic maybe. I have a few more pieces to work with :)
I wore this test top for a day and realised the shoulder seams were too short. So a slight shoulder seam adjustment and my usual sway back adjustment is all I had to do to make this top work.
On both of these necklines, I've increased the shoulder seams and made the front and back necklines narrower.
The neckline sits better and there's no neckline gaping. That makes me happy.
Yes I did shorten the length of this top. And I lined the bodice with a mystery white knit fabric.
You can see the sleeve gather detailing better below.
My coverstitch machine found this fabric a bit too thin so I'll have to buy some tear away stabiliser to make sure the stitching catches.I used 'steam a seam' to stabilise the neckline of the test version. The hems are simply turned under once and sewn.
This is one wearable toile I'll be wearing a bit longer.