Remember this olive Olive? Lolita patterns newest pattern with a gorgeous peplum.
See how the neckline is a wide-ish curve?
I checked the v-neckline depth I wanted by looking in the mirror and measuring to where I wanted the neckline to end.
Then I folded the pattern at the V point and graduated it to the shoulder line. There was no science to this v-neckline.
Then I took the easy route and created a front neck facing. I do love the facings created for Olive more than my own facings. They sit well and don't 'flip out'.
Here's my simple back neck facing.
The rest was easy because I'd made this once before and this cotton print was great to work with.
Adding piping is an additional construction step and a design challenge.
My fabric stash has started to sprout Liberty/floral type fabrics.
And the best way to bring up the style lines with these florals seems to be by adding piping.
On wearing this version, I think the next version will have a lower v-neckline.
This v-neckline depth will remain for future 'work-Olives'.
The peplum still sits flat and the sleeve detailing is still lovely. No ruffles this time because the print was 'Lolita' enough for my style.