I still wear my trench and it's also a PR favourite. So now I'm working on a couple of coats/jackets for a change. Not quick to make but rewarding to have as warm layers in the winter. Our winter lasts for all of '5 minutes' so I have to make these fast.
Jackie is one of them - and it's on sale now.
The other jacket I'm making is Vogue 8732 by the talented Claire Shaeffer as my next Minerva make.
- tested the jacket pleats and taken out some of the centre back fullness
- adjusted the shoulder line and done the roll-shoulder adjustments to the yoke pieces.
- left the jacket length as is to beat the cold.
- decided to not add the top pockets because I don't need pockets on my chest
- checked the sleeves and lowered the sleeve base curve by 1.5cm. You can see the pulling of the sleeve base on the picture above at the back. But it's a very simple curve change, so I'll show you that in the construction post.
- kept the pockets on my hips.
|Here's a WIP peek at the jacket. Fabric available at Minerva Crafts UK.|