Sewing, crotchet, knitting and embroidery extraordinaire Sam of Stitched up by Samantha is amazing to follow.
She does a lot of crafting and isn't afraid to try her hand at a new project.
Sam has been blogging since 2012 and we had a ball at the Minerva Meet up earlier this year. So I agreed to be the next 'blog hop'.
Why do I write?
Mmm. Ok. Here it is then.
In my early school years, I was always sent to 'special English' classes. So I essentially write to practice these skills.
The bottom line is I love writing and I found out that there are others in my family who are 'writers' and where my parents come from, their culture encourages you to write poems and stories. So it's all worked out for the best.
What am I working on?
- My Minerva make each month. I get to make something each month courtesy of Minerva Crafts. While all the Minerva bloggers are in the Northern hemisphere and I'm not, it's amazing to see how we sometimes use the same fabrics but to suit our own style.
- Activewear because Spring has arrived and my gym gear is more worn out than I am at 6am in the morning. And I really need to take off this 'winter' weight. I've entered a fun run in November as my goal.
- Plans to make some clothes with elements from costumes in Game of Thrones and my latest fav, Outlander. Not costumes, but ideas from clothes worn by characters in these books.
- Two 'gradual' projects are making a bra (cough, cough) and helping a friend get a jacket pattern to fit her, so she can make it again and again.
|Kwik Sew 3790 an office TNT staple|
Well to be honest, my blog is no different from other sewing blogs.
1. I plan projects. Or I change my mind and get involved in the latest sewing challenge.
2. I test patterns. Or I just get stuck into a pattern and make it up.
3. I make adjustments to a pattern. Or I just move on and make the next 2 or 3 versions.
4. I take photos as I sew and post them.
|Grainline martime shorts #3|
I write when I have a project idea.
Then I keep writing about the project as I contemplate the challenging steps that confound me along the way.
I'll have at least 4 draft projects running at the same time both on my blog and on my PR account. They're my online notebooks.
When I get stuck on one project, I move the another project to give my head 'breathing space'. The solution pops up when I've moved onto another project.
|Trifecta Tee worn with test skinny jeans Vogue 2104|
Sadly, I haven't been able to hand the blog hop baton to anyone because it's been so successful that the bloggers I've approached are already a different blog hop thread.