Version 1: Check cotton fabricThis version is a size 14 based on my current measurements and I used a green/white check cotton to test out my initial adjustments.
Forward shoulder adjustment and sway back adjustment were the two changes I made on the tissue. I did drop the bust apex by 2.5cm.
Once I made up the dress, it was too big from the waist up.
|Currently unpicked and ready to be resized.|
Conclusion: Go down a size and raise the hemline.
Version 2: Heavy slub cotton fabricThis version is a size 12 using a heavier cotton fabric with the new adjustments from #1.
The bodice back bodice needed taking in below the shoulders and the front bodice also needed taking in above the waist.
|You can just see the piping added along the front seam lines.|
Once I tweaked the seams, I overlocked them. There wasn't enough fabric for the facings so I used bias binding to finish the neckline and hem.
|The back was very simple to construct - even the invisible zipper.|
|This is already a handy work dress.|
|I've used the piping feature on the sleeve hem - again this is hard to see.|
Conclusion: Try it again with the facing this time.
Version 3: Printed ponte knitSize 12 using the facing pieces on ponte and making the sleeve 'winter' length.
|This version is so comfortable to wear.|
|This pic shows the grey knit lining I've used inside the dress. This stops it from clinging.|
|Everything lined up along the back.|
|Here's a close up of the trim I added along the front seaming.|
|This fabric works with this pattern.|
|Here's how this works together with my Quart coat for Winter.|