The square back detailing on View A 'had me at hello'.
This is a 'Learn to Sew' pattern so I followed each step to the letter to learn some new techniques - binding and curved hem finish.
|I couldn't leave these remnants any longer.|
Here's a WIP binding photo showing the square back finish.
|WIP photo of version no1 using store bought bias tape.|
|The instructions show you to sew 1.5cm from the hem before you start turning it under for a smooth finish.|
The neckline sits much better using self-made bias. The store bought bias had less give and the neckline looked 'strained'.
After following the instructions, I quickly grabbed this black fluoro yellow print and paired it with a black satin fabric. I'd wear both versions out for any Summer party.
Using this pattern was a stressless way to unlearn some well-entrenched sewing habits.
Initially I did a forward shoulder adjustment.
I measured the bust width and left it as is. I also left the length as is.
I'm now thinking this pattern would make a great nightie - if I extend the body length by 10cm. I do like the curved hem, now that I've learnt how to sew this properly.