This dress will be a '9to5' workhorse dress because it's shapely and work appropriate.
Above is the dress kit I ordered from Minerva Crafts.
After reading previous reviews of this pattern I decided to:
- lower the neckline to necklace height
- lower the v-opening
- Line the bodice
- interface the front neckline
|This is the test bodice.|
- Forward shoulder adjustment
- shortened the skirt
- raised the centre back pleat
Below are the bodice pieces showing the shoulder seams adjusted and the front facing lowered as I had lowered the neckline opening by 3cm.The other issue I found was the back neckline was high so I dropped this by 3cm as well.
Below is the finished back neckline.
I shorten skirt pieces initially below my 'derriere' but then I had to shorten the hem after the test dress by 5 cm. I didn't want to waste my poppy print fabric.It looks like this pattern was printed in 2011 so it's not new and has been road tested by alot of good sewers.
What I was able to do is add a hint of piping at the neckline.
You can see I checked how this looked before I progressed with making this dress.
I like how it worked out and didn't add too much weight to this neckline.
Lots of threads. If you're technical, I start of with a dozen waxed threads. I usually need another two or three to sew on the hook and eye at the top of the zipper and then to sew up any loose ends.
Thanks again Minerva Crafts UK to this new Spring dress.