I've been wanting to use this John Kaldor fabric for a while so I decided to pair this together with Nicola, hence a bright 2017 start.
This black floral version was the test dress.
I decided to use the size 10 for bust and waist but size 8 for the hips.
After the test version, I kept:
- forward shoulder adjustment
- shortened skirt
- adjusted neckline to curve more.
- shortened the bust darts by 2cm (gravity)
|No sway back adjustment required|
No zipper required
|Here's a closer look at the sleeve finish.|
The skirt is fully lined and I wore this dress on a humid night without feeling the heat.The skirt follows your shape but doesn't cling so I felt cool.
What I didn't like
I decided to use snaps, a hook eye and a button as the closures making this pattern very simple to make.
This John Kaldor floral print is my day wear version.
Above is the black evening version I made for the Day and Night dress challenge.
You can see here where I tweaked the sleeves a bit
This month's giveaway for Australian and New Zealand sewing peeps is the floral dress kit from Minerva Crafts UK.
You get this John Kaldor fabric, lining, thread, buttons, Victory Patterns Nicola dress pattern and enough Vliesaline H180 to interface your dress.
Leave a comment on the Minerva Crafts post for this month's make and I'll draw the winner out on Thursday 12 January.